martedì 19 dicembre 2017

Christmas gifts on budget: A Masculine Jeans-Dori

Lately, I 've been asked by a friend of mine two faux-Midoris, one inspired by my MixedMedia Midori, one for a guy...I panicked of course, I don't do masculine art projects: I like frills, lace, pink and baroque, so the only way out it seemed to me, was to make a Midori with just black upcycled jeans and kraft paper for inserts. But then I got an idea and I really like how it turned out at the end:
Qualche giorno fa mi sono state chieste due Midori, una per lei, ispirata dalla mia MixedMedia Midori, e una per lui...panico, non faccio cose mascoline, mi piacciono il rosa, i pizzi e lo stile barocco, quindi all'inizio ho pensato di farla solo con del jeans nero di riciclo e della carta kraft per gli inserti. Ma poi mi è venuta un'idea e sono molto contenta del risultato finale:
To make the front panel I embossed a piece of black cardstock with an embossing folder:
Per fare il fronte ho embossato del cartoncino nero con un embossing folder:
And then I dry brushed with turquoise acrylic paint to highlight the texture:
E poi ho evidenziato la texture con del colore acrilico turchese ed il pennello con pochissimo colore:

So, this is my last post for this year, I wish you a Happy Festive Season and we'll see in 2018!!
Questo è l'ultimo post dell'anno,auguro a tutti Buone Feste e ci vediamo nel 2018!!
Risultati immagini per happy festive season images

With this I participate on the MiniAlbum Makers Challenge
http://maj1309.blogspot.com/2017/11/notes-na-listopad.html

23 commenti:

Francesca Mei ha detto...

Non è mai facile fare lavoretti maschili ma tu ci sei riuscita pienamente!

scrappallino ha detto...

Fantastica!!! Trovo che sia difficile creare qualcosa per i maschi, ti è venuta un gran bella idea, davvero splendida.
Buone Feste e Buon anno anche a te.

maj. ha detto...

The Midori is fantastic Gio!!!!!
Merry Christmas!!!

Anonimo ha detto...

marvelous! Merry Christmas to you and family. xox

Crafty Claire ha detto...

A great Midori. I think lots of ladies would like that too. Have a lovely Christmas xxx

Dara Lynn ha detto...

Looking forward to a wonderful 2018! So happy to have found your blog and continued inspiration :)

SusanLotus ha detto...

Beautiful planners!
Great to see how you do it and get inspired.
As always. :)

Have a wonderful Christmas week!
Hugs
Sussie.

Jackie PN ha detto...

Gio,
You really rocked this masculine Midori!! I am sure he will be so pleased with this- It is just beautiful!


Merry Christmas to you and your family!

What types of festivities do you plan?Large family gatherings? Special traditions or food? I would love to know more about your holidays!
Sending love,hugs and all the best wishes for 2018,dear Gio!
Jackie xo

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Meravigliaaaaaa!!! Tutti e due!! Quello maschile è proprio una favola!! Meno male che non hai desistito, la tua geniale creatività partorisce sempre delle cose splendide!! Mitica Gio! :D
Io sono in megaritardo con tutto... :(
Buon Natale e Buon Anno nuovo!!
Un abbraccio

craftytrog ha detto...

I love your masculine Midori Gio!
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
Alison xox

Immi ha detto...

Great gift idea for a man - I find it much harder to create masculine projects. Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

Redanne ha detto...

Your masculine faux midori is fabulous, I love the embossing folder you used and the way you have made the signatures match. Beautiful work! Thanks so much for joining us this month at Mini Album Makers. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Anne x

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Oh, that is very cool - I love the masculine version. It's great how you've echoed the embossed cover on the internal notebook covers too.
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas time and a happy 2018!
Alison x

Art By Wanda ha detto...

Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!

Cocofolies ha detto...

Fantastic idea for a boy!!!! this is just perfect!!
Both must have loved their original Midori made by you, Gio.
I'm always blowned by your - really genious and golden - creativity, I hope 2018 will be a brilliant year for you (I'm pretty sure it will be).
Thanks so much for your last lovey message, I was too lazy (and overbusy!!) to answer immediately... but the heart was here ;-)
Bisous!!

Nancy Wethington ha detto...

This is gorgeous! The cover alone knocks me out! And the fact that you recycled jeans is even better. Thanks for joining the challenge at Mini Album Makers.

SewPaperPaint ha detto...

What a great year it has been and you have filled my life with so much inspiration and joy! I'm so in love with this masculine journal and the awesome embossing technique. The stitching really looks great and I know he will love it. We are so thankful for your entry with Mini Album Makers. Happy New Year! Hugs, Autumn

Gloria Stengel ha detto...

This is absolutely the BEST masculine idea for a midori-style journal! Plus, now I need to shop for that embossing folder!!! It is awesome!! Thanks for sharing your work with Mini Album Makers Challenge.

JennyH ha detto...

I love this faux Midori, love the denim, love the embossing, everything : )

Words and Pictures ha detto...

Oops, should also have said thanks so much for playing along at Mini Album Makers.
Alison x

Words and Pictures ha detto...

And a very happy New Year to you too! xx

Astrid Maclean ha detto...

Stunning!!! I adore these, so beautifully made!! Sorry I am late but still wanted to say thanks for adding it to our challenge at Mini Album Makers

LauraVi ha detto...

Meraviglia, davvero hai chiuso l’anno alla grande! Sereno 2018, grandissima donna Creativa!