martedì 6 marzo 2018

Straws and cogs: A Steampunk Style Treasure Box

Lately, I've been asked to make a workshop featuring Steampunk style. I love-love this style for years now, but still, I struggled a bit to keep it to the classical combo of brown ...and brown. I brightened it with a hint of gold and some teal, but during the workshop students can chose whatever combo they prefer.
I've been given a classical treasure box, pretty large, and as focal point I choose to use and alter a mini lightbulb, I think it comes from my car's headligths (never throw anything!).
Qualche settimana fa mi è stato chiesto di realizzare un campione per un corso con la tecnica Steampunk. Tecnica che io adoro, ma non nel classico marrone, avrei preferito farlo rosa, ma al corso gli studenti potranno scegliere i colori che vorranno.
Ho alterato una scatola di legno portagioie classica, e come punto focale ho usato una lampadina fulminata, secondo me proveniente da un fanalino rotto della mia macchina...mai buttare niente!
I've made some cogs and embellishments out of polymer clay,  soon I willl show you how to make them in a video tutorial.
Ho creato alcuni abbellimenti e ingranaggi col fimo, prossimamente in un video mostrerò come farli.
I think straws are easy to spot. When the decoration was almost done, I decided to add some rusty embossing powder all over it...can you guess what happened? I melted the straw....so I have had to start again!
Le cannucce si vedono? Quando ormai avevo quasi finito, dopo infiniti ritocchi, decido di aggiungere della polvere da embossing finta ruggine. E cosa è successo? Che la cannuccia si è sciolta! Ho quindi dovuto sostituirla e ricominciare il trattamento... :-(



7 commenti:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) ha detto...

Awwww...Che meraviglia!!! Io non vado pazza per lo steampunk, ma questo portagioie è una vera delizia!!! E pure la lampadina dell'auto! :O...Io sono un'accumulatrice compulsiva, ma tu mi batti di gran lunga! :D E le cannucce... Se non lo avessi detto non le avrei mai riconosciute!! Bellissimo l'aspetto ossidato azzurrogolo!
...Charms con il fimo? Wow! Grandeeee!!! Aspetto il tutorial!!! :D

Christine Alexander ha detto...

Can't wait to see the video, this is such an amazing trinket box. Love the steampunk look :)

Crafty Claire ha detto...

Love the straw I didn’t realise until you mentioned it! Xxx

Cocofolies ha detto...

Fabulous steampunk box, incredible, it looks almost real!!!
I would have loved doing this workshop with you... Go go Gio, how lucky the participants, I'm sure they will adore this project!!!!!!!
Hugs, Coco

Jackie PN ha detto...

Gio! what an excellent piece of steampunk artwork!! Omgosh I did not know those were straws until I read your directions- WOW! Beautiful work,my friend!
hugs,Jackie

sarascloset ha detto...

Excellent steampunk on the trunk! Love your design, and your funny comment about the straw melting--that's so ME! Love this, Gio!

nefertiti/Sylvie ha detto...

Love this steampunk box,great work, the result is perfect!!
Bisous